Thursday, February 5, 2026

Group Meeting #1 - Discussing Our Project Ideas

In class, we were paired with a group of people to talk about our own projects. We were divided into three groups, each with about 8 people, and we all just shared our ideas for our projects. All my group members had great ideas that were so creative, I was almost mad at myself for choosing such a basic plot for mine.  

The first person to share was Gus. He was very sociable and had such a good, organized blog. His idea was to make a film opening that felt like the film ‘Bullet Train’, which he included as inspiration‘Naked Gun’ was also a film in which sounded very much like the vibe he wanted to convey, yet he hadn’t watched it which surprised some of the group members. Overall, his idea sounded very interesting, and he articulated his words really well. 

Sebastian was the second person to share, and his idea was to construct a comedy car film. He wanted to create a vibe like that of Fast and Furious, where it is witty at times then suddenly changes to be more serious. What I thought was funny was that he wanted to do a jail scene and wanted it to look authentic, so he called the police station, asking if he could film there. Of course, they said no, but at least he tried. 

Ishaan wanted to make a comedy film where he would incorporate physical and dialogue comedy into his scenesThe scene would start with his main character coming home, only to find his front door already open. So, as anyone would assume, he thought his house had been broken into. As he enters his house, he grabs the first thing that he could use as a weapon, which was an umbrella. That represents the physical comedy he wanted to add. The audience would find out that it was just the character’s friend surprising him. I thought this idea was pretty comedic, with the umbrella really pulling everything together.  

Vitor’s idea was one that was very complex. He included so many details, some that I can’t rememberWhat I remember though, is that he wants to do a thriller/drama film and he wants to include his friends who are band kids. He would assign the wrong instruments for them except for the person who’d play the keyboard who is good. The premise of the story is that the band is dragging the keyboardist down and they end up doing dumb stuff and they get kicked in their butts 

Lina wants to make a coming-of-age movie. She doesn’t know her whole plot yet, but she’s taking inspiration from Napolean Dynamite and Ladybird. She wants to include school scenes following the main character. This is very similar to what I wanted to do for my project, so I really enjoyed what she had to say. 

Overall, my group was very sociable and had great ideas, though two people didn’t really talk since there wasn’t enough time to shareI liked doing this group assignment because I got to hear more ideas to include in my own project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post - Film Opening & CCRs

 This is my final post. I hope you guys enjoyed my journey so far and please enjoy my film openning and CCRs! Film Opening - The Sound in Be...